|Α constant mechanism of consultation of the State with the academic and the business world for the processing and the creation of jobs related to electronic business and the continuous information of citizens and businesses about issues of electronic business (e-Business Forum, www.ebusinessforum.gr).|
|The forum is an initiative of the General Secretariat of Industry (Ministry of Development) for the creation of a favourable digital environment for Greek SMEs|
The purpose of this forum is the presentation of opinions, the exchange of ideas and expertise, and the encouragement of e-business knowledge accumulation. The working groups and their members detect the problems concerning the precipitation of the technology's penetration in electronic economy in Greece. They also suggest to the State measures and actions, which will lead to the success of the E- business in Greece.
Other objectives of the forum are:
- To promote and extent the dialogue about the world wide electronic economy.
- To watch and to report the progress of the electronic entrepreneurship in Greece.
- To increase the documentation to the citizens-consumers and to the enterprises in electronic business topics.
- To keep an electronic library concerning the thematic point of the Greek and the international electronic business.
- To co-ordinate all the actions that are taking place in State about electronic business.
- To suggest solutions for all the obstacles for the creation of a favourable electronic environment and the normal introduction of the Greek enterprises into the new electronic economy.
- To generate government projects for the promotion of e-business in Greece
- To join the Greek initiatives for e-business with others at international level and to diffuse the international experience in this section.
|The work of E-business forum has already won the trust of the business community of our country as a flexible mechanism for the contact between State and the Private sector.|
The E-business forum project consists of three parts:
- Organisation of work
- Web site
The e-business forum project has a budget of 1,3 M euro covering the period 1/1/2001 to 30/6/2005 although it began working by July 2000